Friday 19 October 2018

Welcome to my Blog!

My name is Liz and this is my Blog!

I've thought about writing a blog for a while. Or rather, folks have suggested from time to time that I  should write one but I've been too lazy or too much of a technophobe to actually give it a go!

However, I've found myself recently on a bit of a journey that I feel I should share in the hope the sharing proves cathartic for me and may prove helpful for others. I write regular Facebook posts but am aware that the content of this blog may not appeal to everyone. By writing this here, it becomes more optional than popping up on my newsfeed.  

To cut a long story short, I was diagnosed with breast cancer two months ago. I've had surgery and have a treatment plan and I'm very optimistic about the journey ahead. I have only told a small number of people to avoid worrying folks and to keep the energy around me positive. I have a small yet wonderful group of supportive friends and I feel the time is right to be more open.

My intention is to blog about the journey up to here and then throughout the on-going treatment. I do know that there will be some days that are less fluffy bunny than others. However, I am committed to being real, honest, truthful yet positive.

Just a word about the Blog title. I've been writing #100happydays positivity posts on Facebook for a few years now. At one point I got up to Day 1111 of #1111happydays before having a break for a while. Recently, alongside 'Brave The Shave', I've been posting #111happyhats. Just a different name for the posts really with a commitment to post a different hat picture for 111 days. So it seems right to carry that over to here. Cancer treatment, chemotherapy and hair loss could be such a cause for negativity. I choose not to let that be the case. I hope the Blog name reflects this. 

So- welcome to my journey! Find a comfy seat and  make yourself at home. I promise you honesty, I promise you humour. Not everyone appreciates my humour- but I promise you I never aim to offend or upset anyone. And if you are offended, just stop reading!

I hope you enjoy reading my blog and I hope it benefits you in some way.

                                                                                                                                    Liz x

     







































  

13 comments:

  1. Liz! I don't quite know what to say...

    Your positivity and honesty is something to be admired! I definitely didn't expect anything less from you!

    I'm looking forward to more of your humour also! Wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm proud of you Liz,just reminding you I'm (metaphorically) holding your hand throughout this journey. Sending continuous love and healing _/\_ xx Adi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Liz, Just sending positive thoughts and wishes for this particular journey. With lots of love. Me, him and Anni B. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Much love , respect and healing being sent your way Liz . See you soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Niccola knobhead by the way :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are the most positive, inspirational, caring person I know and I’m pleased to be on your journey with you x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your doing amazzing liz your fighter keep doing what you do best #positivevibes xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Liz, I had no idea, you keep those blogs up lovely they will be good for you! You certainly go on a journey when your healths compromises, I know I have happy talk if you want to and Sending you loads of love and reiki healing from afar to my reiki moma bear �� lots of love ��Amanda Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Walking with you and pulling up a comfy seat to read your blog posts. Doing those two things at the same time is no easy feat - you know us folk that have been in education, we learn to multi-task! Sending you much love and respect xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This just shows what an amazing lady you are. I went cold as I read the words and then realised that I’m reading words but you are living the experience, Please know that I will add my own small healing wishes (the ones with the L plates) to all those wishes that will be encircling you with love and light. I’m proud to join you on your journey xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Liz you are such a brave, positive and inspirational lady and I will be walking alongside you along the next part of your journey both virtually & physically when I can. Sending you positivity, strength, peace, love & light ๐Ÿ˜‡❤๐Ÿ™ xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Liz... You amaze me everyday and this is no exception.. keep doing what you do with ease. Life gives you lemons, you make lemonade and squeeze the hell out of them doing it. You have certainly helped me change my life even though our contact has been less this year that means nothing! Love , light , and always laughter... ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’œ

    ReplyDelete

Spring at last!

I write this at the end of the third week of growing my hair! As you may remember, I had my head shaved last September to raise money, throu...